The OMT Pegaso-500 through its design requires typically less water input than other process plants and produces high quality olive oil with a single stage centrifuge / decanter.
The advantage this offers is less removal of phenols and hence improved flavour in the oil produced together with less waste water. The Press operates using 100% filtered and UV treated rainwater ensuring premium quality oil production. In its first year of production the Press produced award winning olive oils. This trend has continued with many of the growers attaining awards for their oils, refer “awards” link. This is testament to the quality standards and practices of the Press.
The combination of good olive fruit and attention to detail during processing continues to produce award winning olive oils for Preston Valley Grove and its clients.
All olive varieties can be pressed, including Manzanillo, requiring minimal adjustments and throughput variation. Unlike many other Toll Presses, Preston Valley Grove readily accepts Manzanillo olives and this variety generally produces high quality
- Toll Pressing will be available from early-April until the end of the season which could be as late as August.
- The plant will be available 7 days per week.
- Minimum process quantity is 200 kg fruit.
- Pressing is charged on a “per tonne” fruit received basis, with a minimum “per batch” charge.
- Process scheduling and delivery requirements can be arranged by contacting Timothy Fowler on 0428 712 947.
- At least 1 week’s notice is recommended to guarantee pressing within 24 hours of delivery, normally pressing is within 12 hours.
- All olive varieties can be pressed, including Manzanillo, requiring minimal adjustments and throughput variation.
Unlike many other Toll Presses, Preston Valley Grove readily accepts Manzanillo olives and this variety generally produces high quality oil.
- Please keep us updated with your harvesting program as we appreciate this can change with weather and harvesting problems.